Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A moment of PEACE...

As I sit here this morning, writing out my "To-Do Lists" for the day and for the week~ I find myself getting overwhelmed with all the things LIFE is consumed with... All the bills, the schedules, the deadlines... All the chores, the expectations and decisions that consume my "Every Day". My mind starts to race as I try and put all the pieces of this crazy puzzle together. I finally decide to put my notebook down, and I choose to STOP and actually listen to the song that is filling my kitchen right now. As I close my eyes, and listen to each word, I remember what LIFE is supposed to be all about.

~The more I seek YOU, the more I find you...The more I find you, the more I love you~

~I WANT to sit at your feet, drink from the cup in your hand, lay back against you and BREATHE... Feel your heartbeat. THIS love is so deep, it's more than I can stand, I melt in your... PEACE... It's overwhelming.~

So many times I forget. (Don't we all?)... I am CONSUMED with this life... The BILLS that never go away, the schedules that never slow down, the stress of trying to juggle being a mom, a wife, a friend, a daughter, a sister... I feel as if life is going a thousand miles a minute and I CAN'T SLOW IT DOWN. No matter how much I try... I just can't. But today, on this ordinary morning, I remember who CAN.

"Lay back against YOU and Breathe"... Just BREATHE... Just REST... Just feel YOUR presence. Feel YOUR heartbeat... Feel YOUR peace.

I close my eyes and I can see it... Him sitting, WAITING, Beckoning for me to come and just be with Him. To put our notebooks full of lists down. To put our fears DOWN. To put our worries DOWN. To put our expectations, our decisions, our anxieties DOWN. To just put this "every day life STUFF"- DOWN. To simply lay back against our Savior and breathe.

The puzzle may still not be put all together. The lists are still a mile long. The schedules are still filled to the top. The decisions are still left hanging. But I have felt my God's heartbeat. I have felt His peace. I have rested in His arms. And this LIFE begins to make sense. THIS is why I am put on this earth. To simply REST in my Father's arms. To hear Him whisper the next step. To let Him take care of that bill. That fear. That decision. That... (you fill in the blank). To truly let Him lead me. STEP. by STEP. by STEP. Holding onto His hand ever so tightly the whole way through.

I don't know what YOU may be facing today. I don't know what is on your to-do lists, or what is filling up your schedules this week. But I DO know that Christ longs for you to put all that "stuff" down~ even for a minute~ to just "Lay back against Him and Breathe". To feel His peace, His Grace, His overwhelming LOVE for you. Go ahead. Try it. Maybe you too will walk away understanding what this LIFE is really all about.

4 comments:

~Kelley~ said...

Thanks...I needed that reminder.

Emily (Blue Chair Blessing) said...

I needed that reminder too...and now I'm going to go download that song! :)

Kristin said...

I sense this struggle every morning ... as my emails call, and my workout is needed, and there are phone calls to be made and coffee to guzzle....and I sense this all within 5 minutes of getting out of bed. It takes all of my will power to get myself to ignore those things for 20 minutes longer (except the coffee of course) and sit with God in my chair. And my day is always better for it. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one who struggles to REST. (even though the command is tattooed on my wrist!!)

Grammie said...

This Mom...wife...Grammie needs to hear this great advice from her youngest daughter, too!
This is beautifully written, Beth! Thanks for sharing! And now...I am going to leave my desk that I've been sitting at way too long...and go REST...and meditate on Jesus' amazing grace each and every day!