Thursday, August 6, 2009

Trusting in the DAY to DAY...

Today I am really meditating on this scripture verse...

"So I tell you, don't worry about everyday life-whether you have enough food, drink, and clothes. Doesn't life consist of more than food and clothing? Look at the birds. They don't need to plant or harvest of put food in barns because your heavenly Father feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than they are. Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Of course not. And why worry about your clothes? Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you? You have so little faith! So DON'T worry about having enough food or drink or clothing. Why be like the pagans who are so deeply concerned about these things? Your heavenly Father ALREADY knows your needs, and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.

So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today."

I am learning what it means to trust God in the DAY TO DAY... Not month to month, not week to week, but actually day to day... It is not always easy and sometimes I lack the faith that God really will provide and take care of us... but that is when I HAVE to come back to this scripture and TRUST and BELIEVE with everything inside of me that God will provide and take care of us day to day... I am reminded of the story where the Hebrews were in the wilderness- starving, complaining, tired and frustrated, and yet, even in the midst of them complaining,GOD PROVIDED. And instead of providing for the whole month or week... He only provided for that day! He didn't want them to pick up any more Manna or Quail for the days to come and if they did He would cause the extra food to spoil. He was testing them... testing their faith. Would they obey? Or would they get fearful and try to do it their own way...

Today I am praying that God will give me the faith to TRUST Him to provide enough "manna" TODAY... And just rest in the assurance that He will!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I am so struggling with this. I'm just at the point where I'm done trusting. I think I was done a while ago, and I'm just realizing it. I'm at a loss ... who is this God who doesn't answer my prayer and withholds the blessing of children and surrounds me with people who have children, and conceive easily and.... ugh. I'm having a really hard time trusting. I just want to be done.